Stowe Park includes more than 40 monuments, temples and secret corners. One of them is Temple of Concord and Victory. Originally known as the Grecian Temple, begun in 1747, the Temple of Concord and Victory was renamed at the end of the Seven Years’ War (1756-1763) to celebrate British peace at home and victory in the field. The temple is one of the grandest in any garden in the country, it was begun for Lord Cobham. This temple is built on a podium with raised steps. It is licensed for civil ceremonies with beautiful views out over the Grecian Valley. This site can accommodate a marquee for up to 150 guests.