The rover was tested near the European Southern Observatory (ESO) in the Atacama Desert, which is one of the most Mars-like terrains on Earth. The 2018 mission of the ExoMars programme will deliver a European rover and a Russian surface platform to the surface of Mars. A Proton rocket will be used to launch the mission, which will arrive to Mars after a nine-month journey. The mission will drill 30 times deeper beneath the surface of Mars than the currently operating Curiosity rover, reaching a depth of approximately six-and-a-half feet (two meters).
credit: UCL Mathematical and Physical Sciences Photos: ESO/G. Hudepohl
Tags: 2018, astrium, Atacama, atacama desert, Desert, eso, Exobiology on Mars, ExoMars, Mars, mars rover, MOMA, nasa, Observatory, Paranal, Paranal Observatory, Red Planet, Rover, Tested, Was
When most people heat the words “Big Ben” they immediately imagine the striking Victorian Gothic structure of the clock tower. Big Ben is a chiming clock, located at the north-eastern end of the Houses of Parliament, in Westminster, London.
- Big Ben was built to replace the Old Palace of Westminster destroyed by fire in October 1834
- The clock became operational on 7th September 1859
- Big Ben was designed by Charles Barry.
- The clock and its dials were designed by Augustus Pugin
- The total height of the tower is 316 feet
- The hour bell (Big Ben) is note E and weighs 13.5 tons
- The diameter of each of the four dials is 23 feet
credit: Biker Jun (going crazy. not in a good way)
credit: Michal‚ Dubrawski
Tags: Ben, Big, big ben, big ben clock, big ben photos, Built, England, geotag, geotagged, london, london 2012, london big ben, London Eye, london hotel, london olympics 2012, london sightseeing, Londres, pictures big ben, visit london, Was