The habanero chili is one of the more intensely spicy species of chili peppers. Habaneros are one of the hottest chile peppers and rate around 100,000 – 300,000 Scoville Units. This pepper is named after the Cuban city of La Habana, known here as Havana. Typically yellow-orange but they can be green, red, or orange. These peppers are lantern shaped and typically about 2 inches long.
- 855,000-1,075,000 Naga Jolokia (ghost chili)
- 350,000-580,000 Red Savina habanero
- 100,000-350,000 Habanero chili
- 50,000-100,000 Thai Pepper
- 30,000-50,000 Cayenne Pepper