A Esquadrilha da Fumaça, also known as Smoke Squadron, is the Brazilian Air Force’s air demonstration squadron. Its history began in 1952 when four instructors from the Air Academy established an unofficial aerobatic team with four North American T-6 Texan training airplanes. Team was re-established on October 21, 1982. Now known as the Official Aerobatic Squadron of the Brazilian Air Force. The team was equipped with new Brazilian-made Embraer EMB-312 turboprop trainers painted in red-and-white color scheme.
credit: Joao Carlos Medau